Digital Media Business – DB Digital
DB Digital, a digital platform of DB Corp Ltd, focusing on building the best news product for India.
The number of internet connected smartphone screens will double to 750 million by 2025. This will result in massive increase in demand for content across short and interactive formats, including news. The demand for regional digital content will rise much higher. Hence, we at DB remain focused on our strategy of delivering the best journalism packaged in a world class reader experience on our Digital Apps.Highlights:
- We’re one of the highest rated Hindi (4.4/5) and Gujarati (4.4/5) news apps
- According to the latest ComScore results, the Dainik Bhaskar App Monthly Users have increased by approximately 7 times since the beginning of 2020.
- We have achieved a milestone of around 1 million E-paper downloads accessed through our mobile app and our website. This includes 8.5lac downloads of Dainik Bhaskar and 1.5 lac downloads of Divya Bhaskar (Gujarati).
- High-quality content development and a highly personalized product experience.
- Building a Best-in-class Digital Platform to provide high quality news experience, paving the way for building a loyal user base.
- We're extending the coverage and depth of our Local news offerings to even more cities and towns in our core markets like Rajasthan, MP & Gujarat. We produce and serve the most local news content per day across all Indian News Apps in the Hindi and Gujarati markets currently.
- Strengthening the talent pool by building the ‘Strong Technical Team’.
- We on boarded 'Mr. Mark Thompson, the ex-CEO of the New York Times' to the advisory board who will be advising DB exclusively in the Indian market.
- We continue to invest substantially in technology in order to provide best-in-class personalized news experiences that serve users from a massive pool of content while considering their demographic attributes, content preferences, location, economic segment, and real-time context.
- We emphasize on providing our users with Original Content and hyper-localized content. To further strengthen the readers' connection, Dainik Bhaskar added a feature called 'Video News,' the first News App that makes mobile native vertical video news with a magnificent content library that is renewed every day.
|App MAU||Jan-20||Dec-20||Jan-21||Apr-21||Jul-21||Oct-21||Dec-21||Mar-22||From Jan 2020||From Jan 2021|
|Dainik Bhaskar Group||2.08||8.12||7.77||10.02||12.89||13.92||15.29||17.04||721%||119%|
|TOI (All News Apps)||29.01||24.31||22.36||23.54||20.61||21.05||17.83||17.69||-39%||-21%|